Tuesday 1 February 2022

Who is Mr Liley?

  Kia ora koutou,

                                My name is Matthew Liley and I have the great privilege and pleasure of teaching your children this year. I thought I would take this opportunity to tell you a little about myself before our three-way interviews over the next few days.. 

I have been a teacher for 20 years with the last five being spent at the junior level and I am very excited to be coming to St Marys as it has been special to my family for a long time. My wife Emma (Reilly) taught at the school for 10 years, ending in 2008 to take up the role of Head of Education at Rotorua Museum. Our two children Finn and Kate, went through St Marys with wonderful teachers, many of whom are still there now. Finn is about to start his first year at Victoria University and Kate will be in Year 12 at John Paul College.  



I enjoy travelling, reading, sports (both playing and watching) and of course, spending time with my family and friends. My initial role this year is to create a safe, comfortable and happy environment in Kakano 3 for your children, who may be a bit nervous having a completely unknown teacher. The upcoming interviews are a great way of starting this. I have always admired the connections between  St Marys and its Catholic community and look forward to being part of it.

This blog will be one the main way of communicating with you this year. I will post weekly notices and important information as well as providing some insight into the fun learning we will be doing this year. If you have any questions throughout the year please don't hesitate to contact me either in-person before or after school, or through my email at mattl@stmarysrotorua.school.nz. 

Looking forward to meeting you,

Matt L



2 comments: